Dirt Bag Tips > Chocolate Banana Muffins
Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana Muffins (Great for camping)
Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana Muffins feature nutrition and flavor at a minimum cost.
Makes: 10-11 large muffins using 6 ounce Pyrex custard bowls
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 0.25 cup ground flaxseed
- 0.25 cup almond meal or wheat germ
- 0.25 cup cocoa powder
- 0.33 cup organic unrefined sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup smashed ripe bananas (3 bananas)
- 0.5 cup pureed pumpkin or pureed sweet potato
- 0.33 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 0.33 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 0.5 cup nuts
- 0.5 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first eight (8) ingredients (whole wheat flour through ground cinnamon).
- In another mediumsized bowl, whisk together the next 7 ingredients (bananas through melted coconut oil) until combined.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until mixed. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into greased Pyrex custard bowls.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool muffins on wire rack.